Under the leadership of S.K. Bangur Group are catering services to the mankind by providing comfortable, luxurious yet affordable boarding& lodging facilities for the affectionately as ” BANGUR BHAWAN”
We belong to the ‘S K Bangur Group of Industries’ who is driving and marching ahead the great heritage & legacy of ‘Service to the Society and the Mankind’ set by the noted Mangneeram Ram Kumar Bangur, the erstwhile forefathers of the Bangur Empire in India.
31, Chowringee Road, Kolkata -700016.
Dwarka, Srirangam, Jatipura, Allahabad, Howrah- Bally Bagicha, Didwana.
Bangur Trust Website: bangurtrust.com
supports the local community in the villages surrounding the mill in a number of ways which include employment, health care, education, and various other facilities. The initiatives that we have undertaken over the years under our corporate social responsibility involve more than direct and indirect employment. Our social activities have made us an integral part of the lives of people living nearby.
We have successfully maintained the villages of Dandeli through initiatives that have touched the lives of thousands in the region. WCPM maintains a colony in Dandeli that is self-sufficient with the help of facilities like hospital, shopping complex, temple, club, theatre, and a cable TV network. JalNirmanYojna is a project undertaken by the district administration and is partly funded by The West Coast Paper Mills Ltd.
Our CSR initiatives for the villages include the following:
- water supply projects
- school uniform distributions
- subsidized notebook distributions
- cattle vaccination programmes
- distributions of medicines
- medical facilities such as mobile health care units
- drinking water arrangements
- drinking water arrangements for cattle
- organizing social awareness programmes
The Dandeli Education Society has been receiving our financial support regularly since 1963. This society comprises the premier educational network in Dandeli as it runs a number of educational institutions in the area. These include primary education, two pre-university colleges and a degree college. Professional courses on industrial chemistry, functional English, microbiology, pulp and paper technology, and many others are conducted by the society with the help for our CSR wing.
The CSR wing of WCPM also works towards the protection and conservation of the environment in a number of ways. Our research and development wing has taken measures to stabilize fly-ash dumps through biological means so as to reduce air pollution in the area surrounding the mill. We also promote agroforestry among local landholders.
Our Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety Policy
We, at West Coast Paper Mills Limited shall,
- Ensure compliance of all applicable legislations for our products, services and processes.
- Ensure development of employees, suppliers and contractors in such a way that they become competent and skillful.
- Achieve zero accidents and minimize various losses.
- Prevent accidents, hazard potential, pollution and wastes at source.
- Conserve resources focusing to energy, water and other crucial inputs.
- Maintain and develop more and more green belt in and around the mills to preserve and protect the ecosystem.
- Improve health, hygiene and safety of employees through TQM approach.
- Consider quality, environment, Occupational health and safety performance of the employees while evaluating their performance for development.
- Include quality, environment, occupational health and safety in our decisions.
- This policy shall be instilled amongst employees through HRD initiatives:
- Placement and development of personnel.
- Handling, storage, preservation and use of all chemicals.
- Purchase of plant, equipment / machinery & spares.
- Developing a culture of using adequate PPEs while on work
- Make this policy available to the employees, stakeholders and other interested parties.